H A W A I I
After we got into our room, ate dinner at IHOP =) because it was close and we had been traveling ALL day, we decided we better go put our feet in the ocean because we WERE in Hawaii. Notice the long pants.... I guess only a girl from Idaho would have her jeans on in Hawaii in MAY. It was cold when we left Salt Lake City and the airplane is always cold.
These are some of the views and things we had at our hotel.




There were turtles,
penguins, (yes we were is Hawaii not Antarctica)
and Flamingos.
CHEESEBURGERS... We found the COOLEST restaurant! The name of it was Cheeseburgers. They had live music as we ate outside. We found it just a couple blocks from our hotel as we were walking and exploring the city. We liked it so much the first time we went back again. Yes we ate there twice. I know the pictures are NOT good but it was soooo good.




A few weeks ago I took a last minute trip to Hawaii with a friend. She had a Pediatric Dental Convention and she needed someone to go and keep her company so after watching for airline tickets for a week, she finally found a good deal and I bought it 4 days before we left. It was a crazy rush trying to get everything lined up so that I could be gone for a week but it was awesome. Thank you Michael, Cari and Tammy for taking care of my kids!!
You guys are awesome.
A L O H A from H a w a i i
This is the first view of Ohau, the island where Honolulu is and where we stayed.
Our hotel was sooooo cool and had lots to do.
The night we got there they had a HUGE luau (at this point we were still still trying to get the room situation figured out but I won't go on about that...)
This is the view out our hotel balcony.
The enterance to the hotel was beautiful.
I only have a few of the pictures because Meredith has the rest on her NICER camera.
I loved the vegetation!
Here are the pretty mountains
We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center aka the PCC. It was so cool to see all the different cultures. Ok so I will have to admit that I was VERY upset because the first hour we were there it rain HARD! After in Finally quit it was AWESOME. We ate some cool food, even purple dinner rolls, and a pina colada slushie at the luau with ALOT of people.

Our last day there, we just had to rent the mini coupe. It was so fun and I loved EVEYBODY staring at us. It was a three wheeled little car thing (a cross between a 4 wheeler and a moped.) We drove around the city.... very slow because the mini coupe could only go 35 mph.
The day I got home my sweet Brody put this together for me on the coffee table.
Thanks Brody! I love you and missed you all.





6 comments:
How fun, glad you could go.
Wow.............last minute trip to Hawaii??????? It doesn't get any better than that. The closest I got to Hawaii was today at girls camp, they have a paradise theme going on and the polynesian dancers from BYUI came.
Glad you could go, you deserve it. Yes, you are right Michael is awesome!
one word..... JEALOUS
the end =)
So jealous. Looks like you had so much fun and really the best part is coming home and knowing you were missed :)
awesome that you got to go!! and by yourself with a friend, those are the best trips. looks like you had lots of fun and enjoyed it. you deserve it. hope you guys are all doing well.
i'm a little behind the times but wanted to comment anyway.
I realize this was months ago - but I'm so jealous!! How awesome that you were able to go!! It makes me feel homesick looking at your pics... and the rain - that drove us crazy when we lived there. It would spontaneously rain every day! You never knew when it would hit or how long/how short it would last... glad you were able to enjoy the PCC even with the rain :))
Post a Comment