Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here's for a long post.... don't get lost!
but hopefully I won't feel so guilty for not putting anything up for such a long time.
I am not sure if the weather is just helping me get caught up on my old posts or what but I know Brody likes me to put things on here so I figured that I better put these snow pictures on here while there is still, more, or new SNOW.!?! Can I say cabin fever.... (especially since I went to Arizona a couple weeks ago and it was 75-80 degrees while we were there). Last week most of the snow melted because it was 50-60 degrees most of the week and this morning we have a little new snow.
Brody and Brae have been enjoying the change in the weather. A few weeks ago when we had the rain, they were riding their bikes and walking all over the snow. The week before they would sink and they would get stuck up to their knees or hips. They thought this was SOOO cool.
Here is the little sledding hill. Michael put the swing set slide on top of the snow pile so the kids could have a cool hill to go down. The boys loved it and would go down backwards, head first, and how ever else they managed to make it fun. Brekka on the other hand.....well lets just say, she is a little more like her mother when it comes to snow, it's better to watch from inside and let the boys get cold. Don't get me wrong, she likes to play outside but when its really cold, she would rather be close to mom. It's also a safer place when Brae decides to play dog pile and her face is laying in the snow. Gotta love big brothers!!
February was very eventful for me. Turning 30 and loosing my grandpa all in the same week was very emotional. My awesome sister and mother put together a birthday party for me and my friend Tammy. (Tammy's birthday was the day before mine and she will always be OLDER then me!!!) Tammy and I were in the same ward and play Bunco together. We have a lot of mutual friends and invited some new ones as well. We went out to eat and then went to the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a fun girls night out, thanks again Cari and Mom!
I knew that the week of my birthday was going to be busy when the month started because of scouts, the birthday party, bunco, and Brody’s valentines day party at school. Sunday night the 8th of Feb, I got a call from my dad saying that my Grandpa Ramsey was in the hospital and not doing very well. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was trying to be positive and not worry us. Grandpa Ramsey didn’t make it through the night but what a blessing it was that he didn’t have to suffer long and that his family was at his side when he passed on. What a crazy and memorable time the next week was for me. I decided to go to Burley on that Tuesday & Wednesday to help at the shop, help with Grandma and just be there if someone needed me. I ended up going to Burley three times in about a week (a two hours drive one way). The funeral was great and my dad and his brothers did a great job at the funeral and with all the arrangements.
The passing of my grandpa was a great teaching moment and memorable time for me. A funeral is a great time to reflect the life of the person who has passed on but also a great time to see family and help each other. My testimony of eternal families and the gospel was strengthened as I watched my extended family members deal with the death of “Grandpa Ramsey”. As I was around all my extended family I was amazed at how I could physically see such a night and day difference on their faces and the way they dealt with death. As I would see those that were active in the church, they were sad but the knowledge that we would see Grandpa again if we followed the commandments helped us to get through it and the spirit was there to comfort us. Those that were not active had a much harder time holding their emotions in and I could just see a difference in their countenance. I am so thankful for my testimony of the gospel and for parents who have taught me through example to love and serve. I know we are very blessed and I am thankful for all our experiences we have to help us grow.
There was eight pallbearer but only seven grandsons and so my dad asked Michael to help. Michael worked for our family business for about five years while we lived in Burley. My grandpa came to work every day, even the Friday before he died at the age of 82. Michael got to know my grandpa there and also worked with most of my cousins at some point. What a AWESOME site to see all my cousins and my husband carrying the casket. I know my grandpa would be so proud of them! He loved his grand kids and was always so proud of whatever they did.
Back: Bob, my dad (Glenn), Wayne. Front: Keith, Janet, Grandma Ramsey, Ron

1 comment:

Emily said...

I felt like such a slacker when you wished me Happy Birthday and I realized I had forgotten yours. I'm glad you had fun. I will miss Grandpa Ramsey too. I remember spending a lot of Satruday afternoons at their house, where I first learned the importance of BYU football. I haven't been to the shop in ages, but I can still see Grandpa sitting in his office with a smile on his face for anyone who walked through the door.