Friday, September 12, 2008

Green Canyon Trip
The swim trip was worth it we left here about 4 and got there around 5. Of course we needed to eat so the kids wouldn't want to get out so after that was all said and done we got ready and went swimming. It may be hard to believe that there was only one other person in the pool besides us, that only happened for me when we took swimming lessons and they were draining the pool. The other gentleman left and a aerobics class showed up and stayed for a half an hour or so I am here to tell you if you ladies if you want a work out you need to order their CD, songs such as this old flag, Yankee doodle, etc. Wendy can add more she is going to get World Gym to use it. After the synchronized swim team left we had the pool to our lonely selves.
My kids were amazing they all went under water at least once (sorry Brekka I know that was rude). Brae was having fun showing us how he could get wet. and kept us busy trying to keep him from the deep end.
But the reason we are going is because Brody has never liked getting his ears and nose wet, so I told him that if we went swimming three times before his Baptism he would be fine. I did tell him though that the first time he would have to go under 5 times without complaining 10 the next followed by 15, and I promised him he would not have a fear of going under, I had also bought them some earplugs,nose and some "Noggles"(brae). Brody didn't hardly use the earplugs or the nose plugs and barely the goggles for the first few trips under the water. The amazing part after Wendy and Brekka got out I see Brody crawling around on the bottom under water. He had put on the nose plugs and goggles and was staying under the water, I believe the fear may be dissipating. Brody rocks and we didn't have to force him to do it, it is amazing what Prayer and Applying our faith we do. Especially that of a child it is a great blessing in our adults lives to see a child rely on Their Father in Heaven for Help. Every one have a great day!

No comments: