Day 1
Plan: Leave at 2 a.m. from Matt and Becky's House. Ok. We can do that. I think. About 9 p.m. I was not sure if Michael and I would really being going. We have never left our kids for more than one day. That night was CRAZY! The kids wouldn't go to sleep, I was trying to arrange for someone to work in the bead store while I was gone and nothing of mine was packed. Michael's mom came to stay with the kids for a couple days and then my mom and my sister Cari would take them until we got home. I stayed up packing my bags and by the time i was finished I just stayed up cleaning the house because I didn't want to go to sleep for only an hour. I figured I would sleep on the ride down... and I did. It sure made the ride down go fast. When we got to Mesquite, we ate, checked in the hotel and then headed out to ride.
This one is for Mori....or Carl

We started here.... the hill climbs.
With 30-50 mph wind in the sand, it made for an interesting day of riding but we had a lot of fun. This is Michael with his two brothers, Mori and Matt.
Then here....Slick Willey.... The boys would climb the hills while the girls would watch, video, and take pictures. Michael and I rode a 4 wheeler together but when we got where the boys were riding their bikes, he couldn't just sit still. He headed off hiking and exploring (which if any of you know Michael or have been with him, you know that isn't anything new). He ended up hiking clear around these hill and ended up on top. The wind wasn't too bad down at the base of the hill but on top- watch out for sand blasting and cliff ledges!
Day 2
After getting breakfast and hanging around waiting for the late nighters, we headed south for our next adventure.

Michael borrowed a bike so I rode by myself while he tried to learn to ride in the sand. We started out riding and came to this....
All the Mechams on the trip
Here are all the guys together. This didn't happen often. Someone was usually checking out a new trial, riding up a different hill, or trying to out do the next guy. And wait, is that Becky up there?
I know this picture is hard to see but this is Michael and his brother Matt "Sun Bathing" on top of the big rock ...Maybe it's a good thing it's hard to see.
Michael exploring.....again.
I thought this was a way cool picture with all the "bikes" parked together.
While riding we saw these goats....I was surprised we didn't see more wildlife but the scenery was awesome.
The girls on the 4 wheelers and a few other watching the boys play around on the rocks and sand.
Matt, Mori, and Doug...
All the boys
This is Chris in his Razor. He was in a bad car wreck a few years ago and is paralyzed. He goes riding with the guys. What a great example of service the guys and his family show him. I was blessed to see how kind they were and willing to include him in everyday things.
Day 3 to be continued...




1 comment:
Hey Wendy! Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. I grew up in Logandale, so I know right where you guys were and I've probably ridden the same trails. Good thing you didn't go in August when it's 120 degrees :).
So what's this about a bead store? What are you guys up to these days?
Post a Comment